Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Lesson Learned
I never cease to disappoint myself when I seem to think I'm on the right track. Just when I think I'm being the example to my children God wants me to be, I screw it up. Yesterday seemed like the worst. We went to Wal-Mart and I was hoping to find a spot close to the doors because it was so hot. And then I see a woman getting ready to leave, so I put my blinker on which I thought indicates that I am waiting on that spot. Apparently it means nothing to some people. A woman pulls into the parking spot from the other direction. I was so angry! I won't go into all the details because I am ashamed of how I behaved. I think I was more mad at myself for indulging in my anger. What kind of mom am I if I let the world rule my emotions? I apologized to the kids for my behavior and told them I was wrong to act that way. What makes me sad is that they think it's the right way to react to someone. God, help me to be the example to them You want me to be. Let them be changed so that those actions are not the norm to them. I know You will do it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
what a great lesson in how our behavior gets away from us, and how we need to apologize! even to those who witnessed it, our children see everything we do and do admit that's not how we want or should behave is a valuable lesson!
way to go!
Post a Comment